A very troublesome event has finally happened. Huawei is out of the 5G construction in the UK, and the loss will be huge. 1. According to media reports, the UK has decided to stop using Huawei equipment in 5G construction. The UK will stop buying new Huawei equipment from December 31, 2020. In addition, Huawei equipment currently used in the UK 5G network must be removed by 2027. 2. This is very bad news for Huawei. Britain is the European style
A very troublesome event has finally happened. Huawei is out of the 5G construction in the UK, and the loss will be huge. 1. According to media reports, the UK has decided to stop using Huawei equipment in 5G construction. The UK will stop buying new Huawei equipment from December 31, 2020. In addition, Huawei equipment currently used in the UK 5G network must be removed by 2027.
2. This is very unfavorable news for Huawei. The UK is one of the weathervanes in Europe and had a good relationship with Huawei. In late June, Huawei had just announced that it would invest £1 billion in Cambridge, UK to build Huawei’s overseas optoelectronic business headquarters, this initiative will provide more than 400 local jobs. But I didn’t expect Huawei to receive such news just over 20 days later.
3. Huawei suffered such a 180-degree turn in the UK. The explanation given by the UK is that Huawei’s position as a reliable supplier in the UK has been affected; in addition, Huawei’s information security is untrustworthy. But this is obviously untenable. Moreover, the United Kingdom did not say so before. In January of this year, the United Kingdom stated that Huawei could have limited participation in the deployment of the 5G base station network. However, under continuous pressure from the United States, the United Kingdom is currently considering excluding Huawei.
4. The UK has been hesitating because some analysts believe that if the UK excludes Huawei this time, it will not only affect the process of 5G network construction, but the UK will also lose 7 billion pounds. Vodafone and BT, the world’s second largest operator headquartered in the United Kingdom, have warned that it will take at least 5 years, or even 7 years, for the two companies to recover from the abandonment of Huawei’s new network construction in the UK. Significant interference. The UK has set a deadline for removing Huawei’s 5G equipment in 2027, possibly also to take care of the aforementioned British telecom operators.
5. The most frightening thing now is that the domino effect is formed by this matter, the first is France. France’s attitude towards Huawei’s network equipment is that France will not prohibit telecom operators from using Huawei equipment, but does not encourage it. The second is Germany. At present, there is no ban on the use of Huawei’s 5G equipment, but if Germany learns the United Kingdom, it may change the policy.
6. For this matter, Huawei’s response was:“This decision is disappointing and is bad news for all mobile phone users in the UK. This may put the UK into the slow lane of digital development and increase consumer communications expenses. And deepen the digital divide. This move will not only’raise’, but will reduce the level of development in the UK. We urge the government to reconsider this decision. We are confident that the new US regulatory measures will not affect the products we provide to the UK. Resilience and safety”.
There is a sentence in Huawei’s response that is interesting, that is, Huawei said,”We will carefully examine the impact of today’s statement on our future UK business.” Obviously, since Huawei was blocked by the United Kingdom for 5G, it is still necessary to invest £10 in the UK to build a research and development center, and whether it is necessary to hire so many employees in the UK. In 2016, Huawei also confidently announced that the number of British employees will double to 1,000 within three years. Huawei UK spokesman responds to”British ban decision” Ren Zhengfei Huawei 5G