2020-07-15

Britain”turns its face”, Huawei responds

By yqqlm yqqlm

► Wen Han Guo Guo Han

In the afternoon of July 14, local time, the British government decided to ban mobile operators from purchasing Huawei 5G equipment from 2021 And will exclude Huawei from the UK’s 5G equipment supply by 2027.

Donden, the British Minister of Culture, admitted that this move would delay the construction of 5G in the UK for a year, but insisted that”it is about maintaining the long-term security of the British telecommunications network,” especially”taking into account the US sanctions.”

Huawei responded to the Observer Network on this matter. A Huawei UK spokesperson said that this decision was a disappointment. Unfortunately, Huawei’s future development in the UK was politicized. This move stems from US trade policy, not security issues. We urge the government to reconsider this decision. We are confident that the new US regulatory measures will not affect the resilience and safety of the products we provide to the UK.

getInterUrl?uicrIvZQ=c8d8e66eca614d2ec24d3862562bbc6b - Britain"turns its face", Huawei responds

Screenshot:BBC

According to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the Johnson government held a meeting of the National Security Council on the morning of the 14th and discussed Huawei’s 5G Make decisions about equipment issues. Culture Minister Oliver Doden subsequently confirmed to the House of Commons that the government will ban telecommunications operators from purchasing Huawei 5G equipment from December 31 this year.

Dowden admits that The progress of the UK’s 5G construction will be delayed for a year because of the exclusion of Huawei equipment.“This is not an easy decision.” But he insisted that the move”is about maintaining the long-term security of the British Telecom network,” especially considering the new round of sanctions in the United States.

In January this year, the British government announced that it would allow Huawei to participate in the construction of non-core parts of the UK 5G network. The US Department of Commerce announced on May 15 that it would expand sanctions to cut off the supply of Huawei chips. Since then, the Johnson administration has been rumored to”turn” on Huawei’s 5G issue.

A number of British media previously reported that Johnson faced dual pressure from domestic Conservative politicians and the US government, is expected to make a decision to ban the use of Huawei 5G equipment . The National Security Conference on the 14th reviewed a report on the impact of US sanctions on Huawei by the National Cyber ​​Security Center (NSCS) under the British Government Communications Headquarters.

The report claims that following the US sanctions in May, the security of Huawei’s equipment has been “unguaranteed”. However, considering that the sanctions only affect future supply, the British government does not consider it necessary to remove the existing 2G, 3G and 4G network equipment of Huawei at this stage.

Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Zhao Lijian said on the 14th that whether an open, fair and non-discriminatory business environment can be provided for Chinese companies in the UK is a touchstone for the direction of the British market after Brexit, and is also China’s Whether the investment is a safe weather vane.

Aristel Bunker, a correspondent of the British Sky News, said that the participants once had a”violent discussion” during the meeting. Doden also said in the House of Commons that the fact is that the United States has introduced new sanctions.”When the facts change, the British position will change.”

He also hinted that this decision is not related to a more macro-level Sino-British relationship. He claimed that although the United Kingdom was firm on the issue of Hong Kong’s national security law, he still hoped to maintain “modern and mature diplomatic relations based on mutual respect” with China.

getInterUrl?uicrIvZQ=6505e87d7e6204cdac64ac2446579bbc - Britain"turns its face", Huawei responds

British Minister of Culture Dawden informed the lower house of parliament of the government’s decision

Previously, Vodafone and BT, the world’s second largest operators, had warned British parliamentarians, It is said that it will take at least five years, or even seven years, for the two companies to resume the significant disruption caused by the abandonment of Huawei to the construction of the UK’s emerging network.

Reuters believes that Johnson’s deadline is set in 2027 to take care of the aforementioned British telecom operators, otherwise the latter will be forced to pay an additional billions of pounds.

During the House of Commons’ speech, Labour MP and shadow cabinet industry policy spokesman Chi Onwurah directly approved the government’s decision on Huawei as “incredibly negligent”, describing this pair of British figures The impact of economic development is”like the scene of a car accident” and”is clearly visible even from outer space.” She asked the government to guarantee that the cost of removing Huawei’s 5G equipment would not be borne by consumers.

getInterUrl?uicrIvZQ=b9d27933cb2bbef4a2486933462b53e7 - Britain"turns its face", Huawei responds

Labor MP Aung Ula described the government’s decision to abandon Huawei’s 5G equipment as “the scene of a car accident”

For the British government’s decision, Huawei British spokesman Edward Brewster (Edward Brewster) ) Told Observer.com:This decision is disappointing and bad news for all mobile phone users in the UK. This may cause the UK to fall into the slow lane of digital development, increase consumer spending on communications, and deepen the digital divide. This move will not only”enhance” it, but it will reduce Britain’s development level. We urge the government to reconsider this decision. We are confident that the new US regulatory measures will not affect the resilience and safety of the products we provide to the UK.

He expressed regret that Huawei’s future development in the UK was politicized. This move stems from US trade policy, not security issues. Over the past 20 years, Huawei has focused on building better network connections in the UK. As a responsible enterprise, we will continue to support our customers as always. We will carefully examine the impact of today’s statement on our future UK business and communicate with the UK government to clarify how we will continue to help the UK build better network connections.

Source|Observer Network

the more the better, the more beautiful

getInterUrl?uicrIvZQ=051c1180af0aa7a935cd8f0b505555c4 - Britain"turns its face", Huawei responds

Welcome to reprint. Please indicate the source: https://www.yqqlm.com/2020/07/britainturns-its-face-huawei-responds/