Mirror:Saudi Arabia’s acquisition of Newcastle changes due to the Saudi government’s ban on Bein Sports
Live broadcast on July 15. According to the”Mirror” report, due to the Saudi government’s ban on Bein Sports, the Saudi consortium’s plan to acquire Newcastle for 300 million pounds has changed. This acquisition has undergone a bizarre turn.
Previously, a statement from the Saudi Administrative Court stated:”Bine Sports will be fined 10 million riyals,” and the defendant’s license in Saudi Arabia will be permanently banned. Bein Sports said:”This is ridiculous and violates international law.”, Bein Sports once paid 500 million pounds to the Premier League to broadcast the game in the Middle East.
Bein Sports said:”We will also question how, as in the past three years, when the Premier League franchised broadcasters were banned’permanently’, how can Saudi citizens legally watch the Premier League in Saudi Arabia? Matches, or how to legally watch most major international sports events, and whether this is in line with Saudi Arabia’s vision for 2030.”
The Premier League has struggled to close the Saudi piracy channel beoutQ for nearly three years. She was refused entry to the Saudi court and there is currently no legal way to watch Newcastle and the Premier League in Saudi Arabia, so they want to get approval from the league to buy a club. Saudi Arabia may be forcing the Premier League to formulate a national agreement for them, but this will lead to confusion of legal actions and international business models.
According to sources, the original Saudi acquisition of Newcastle will be completed in the next few days, which includes allowing Bein Sports to broadcast Premier League games in Saudi Arabia, and allowing the Premier League to file a lawsuit against piracy in the Saudi area. . But now the Premier League has stopped approving the Saudi National Public Investment Fund as the appropriate owner, holding 80%of the shares in Newcastle.