Trump:I personally persuaded many countries to”disable Huawei” and the UK finally made a decision
Every editor:Zhou Yuxiang
The British government announced on the 14th local time that it has decided to stop using Huawei equipment in 5G construction. After the news was announced, on the same day, US President Trump declared at a White House press conference,”We persuaded many countries not to use Huawei, and most of the time I persuaded”, and”Britain (finally) made a decision” .
According to Global Network reports, at a press conference held in the Rose Garden of the White House on July 14, local time, Trump not only announced that he had signed the”Hong Kong Autonomy Act” to interfere in China’s internal affairs, he also responded In addition,”Britain bans Huawei”, proclaiming that”we have persuaded many countries not to use Huawei, most of the time I persuaded”, and”Britain (finally) made a decision”.
Picture source:ring video screenshot
At the press conference, Trump also said that the United States aimed at Huawei,”because we think this (using Huawei) is a security risk …If they (other countries) want to have business connections with us, they cannot use Huawei.”
In addition to Trump’s statement, US Secretary of State Pompeo also announced in the British government “ After disabling”Huawei,” he declared”welcome” to it as soon as possible. In a statement, Pompeo said,”Welcome to the British plan to ban Huawei from participating in future 5G networks”,”(This) is crucial to transatlantic security and prosperity.”
Previously, on July 14, local time, the British government officially announced that local operators must completely remove Huawei’s equipment from their home country’s 5G network within a specified period. According to the latest decision issued by the British government that day, the government will require local operators to completely remove Huawei equipment from 5G networks by 2027. In addition, after December 31 this year, the government will prohibit operators from purchasing any new 5G equipment from Huawei.
For the British government’s decision, Huawei issued a statement in response, saying that the decision is disappointing, which is bad news for all mobile phone users in the UK. This move will not only’enhance’, but will reduce the level of development in the UK. We urge the government to reconsider this decision. Huawei also pointed out that, unfortunately, Huawei’s future development in the UK was politicized. This move stems from US trade policy, not security issues.
Related professionals in the UK also disagree with the government’s move. According to Xinhua News Agency, Kester Mann, director of the consumer and connectivity business of the UK industry analysis agency”CCS Insight”, said that the British decision has brought a”heavy blow” to the country’s ambition to become a global leader in the 5G field. .
Man pointed out that the development of the United Kingdom in the 4G period was not smooth, and there are currently many operators in the United Kingdom that have opened 5G network services.”This gives the United Kingdom a good start for 5G development.” Therefore, the latest government policy change is undoubtedly a”heavy blow” to the relevant development ambitions of the United Kingdom. Man also said:”This decision will inevitably lead to delays in the deployment of local 5G networks, and operators will have to bear higher overall costs.”
Daily Economic News Integrated Global Network, Xinhua News Agency, Public Information, etc.
Daily Economic News